Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Our Adventure!

Many of you know Katey and I went camping this last weekend for her first time! It was such a blast! She was AMAZING and such a trooper.

Saturday afternoon my friend Julie, her three kids, Katlyn and I took off for the hour and a half drive to Maupin, OR where her husband was training the summer staff for their outdoor adventure company called ON THE EDGE ADVENTURES.

This was one of the last training trips and they were certifying on specific sections of the river so Julie and I were able to tag-team watching the kids while the other went rafting the hour long section.

It was such a fun trip though and I was absolutly thrilled to be able to raft (something I had to pass up last year becasue I was pregnant). Katelyn was sooo good the entire time! She slept just as good, if not better, in the tent which also housed all seven of us; Julie, her husband, 5 year old Even, 3 year old Andrew and 8 1/2 month old Ella, Katelyn and I.

Here are just a few pics from our trip, they don't do any justice in showing how much fun the weekend truely was.


We got to camp @ 5 sat night.


and just hung out.


They were such a fun group!


Huddling for prayer before meals.


The staff were sooo good with the kids...


and let them play like little boys like to.


Julie and Ella

My charmer


She was such a good girl and slept right next to me almost all night.

Getting ready to raft!


Rapids! Yay!


It was a long trip...


and even though they claimed by their fusses they wern't tired...


this was the status of our precious cargo on the drive home.
Such a fun adventure!

No comments: