Friday, November 26, 2010

Christmas Starts here :)

Day after Thanksgiving brings one of my fav traditions, getting the tree!  So off we set today, all bundled up in thick coats, gloves and boots to get a Christmas tree...well...it was raining...and we weren't feeling all that adventurous...so we ended up adventuring all the way to Home Depot!  

There in the midst of the non-muddy terrain and non-cold abundance of trees, we picked ourselves out a GORGEOUS 7 foot, pre-lit, berry-wood pine tree, normally $130 but on sale for $49 because of Black Friday! 

So home we came, warm and not soaking or muddy to decorate our tree! I have to say, I know i'm a traitor for getting my very first artificial tree and my parents will most-likly be VERY disappointed in me (hehe), I LOVE IT!!! 


Here are a few pics of decorating & stuff :)


 Katey "Helping" to fan the tree branches


Then she insisted on sitting in Daddy's lap to help him :)


Our beautiful tree!!!
I have to take you in a little closer though to show you some of my fav things about decorating the tree...


Remembering Joe & I's first Christmas together,


And our second, just beginning to be the KNAPP family (and not expecting Katey until after new years),


and Katey's first Christmas with us...only 6 days old.


Last Christmas, Katey was just 1 and LOVED the lights...


And Charissa was with us, and we danced to techno while we decorated the tree :)


And then I step back again and see the candle my husband got me cause he knows I love the flickering lights, the poinsettia he picked up because he knew I was low, and the Christmas tree he lovingly chose with me and agreed to do all the work setting it up and I just can't help but be all warm and fuzzy inside...this is why I love Christmas and my life!

1 comment:

racinefontenele said...

Postei uma nova mensagem no meu blog - http://racinefontenele.blogspot.com/2010/11/tempo-certo.html