Friday, November 26, 2010

Recent goings on...

I just wanted to put a little update on here for concerned and caring friends and family about the recent goings on in the Knapp household.  Little Anna, it seems, has some thoughts about making an early arrival.  I am admittedly not very good at slowing down and have had a VERY busy last few weeks trying to wrap up holiday shoots, go on vacation, and well...just chase around an almost two year old. It seems that Anna has decided I need to slow down.

Early last weekend I noticed a change in how Anna was sitting (she dropped) as well as an increase in the number and intensity of the "Braxton Hicks" contractions.  It didn't necessarily "concern" me but it did make me take notice, and after a VERY busy weekend, I called my Dr on Monday morning.  After hearing my description she said she'd like to see me so in I went Monday afternoon (since it was the only day that week she had office hours).   

Well, without making a huge story too long she didn't like the results of the exam nor the print out of the time I spent hooked up to the monitor (watching the contractions) and sent me directly over to the hospital for more monitoring and a shot to stop the contractions.  Good news is the shot worked to stop the contractions almost immediately, the not so great but not horrible news is that the pills she sent me home with to keep them stopped...haven't totally worked.  I mean, they keep the contractions mostly gone...if i stay on my butt.  So that was the Dr's orders...double the dosage and stay on your butt.  I am able to do some things but as soon as I start contracting I have to get off my feet and relax until they go away...sometimes this takes a hot bath too.

So Tuesday and Wednesday I pretty much just sat around with Joe doing EVERYTHING and on Thanksgiving morning my amazing Midwife met us at the hospital to do another test that would, in essence, determine the risk of us actually delivering in the next 10-14 days, and the awesome news was that the test came back negative!!!  This is a relief to Joe and I, and although I still have to obey and take the contraction-stopping pills as well as get off my feet when I contract, which still is about every time I stand up, I am not TECHNICALLY on bed rest :). 

Another small note I have to put in here is how amazing my husband has been. He not only took off work to take care of us but has since done ALL the cleaning, cooking and shopping as well as spoiled me rotten!  He made homemade clam chowder and rolls Wednesday night, oh and my favorite cookies. Then he proceeded to get me a new mattress topper a poinsettia AND put on Christmas music BEFORE thanksgiving, just because he knew it was hard for me not to be with all the family during the holidays. He has gone above and beyond everything necessary and truly sought just to make me happy.  I seriously feel like the luckies girl in the world...oh not to mention he is taking amazing care of Katey too...haha!  

Thank you all for your prayers, I know they have been many and I have felt them.  I know this could be a hard time but truly with the support of my amazing husband, daughter, friends and most of all my Lord, this has truly been a GREAT week and I'm truly thankful!

Love you ALL
Happy Thanksgiving!
Em

No comments: