Friday, June 13, 2008

All is well

Just an update for anyone who cares. We had our 10 week dr. appointment yesterday and all is well with Bullwinkle (as my dad has taken to calling the baby). The highlight of the appointment, of course, is when we got to hear the baby’s heart beat. I don’t think that will ever cease to totally amaze me. It’s still so hard to believe there is actually another human growing inside of me! But of course, the baby constantly reminds me of his/her presence through continual nausea, fatigue, and tiny-tiny itty-bitty mood swings J.
Its definitely been a totally new and different experience, even in these first two and a half months. I feel my body changing as if I’m being taken over by a foreign object and I now have little to no control over how I feel, what I want, or how I react. For example, I have found that my memory decides simply to abandon me at random times. From forgetting my address at the bank to walking across a busy parking lot in a total daze (and almost being hit by a smiling mail man) I fin d that I simply check-out of the hotel at times (and yes bring on the blond jokes).
Any way, that is what is happening in the world of growing Knapp household so if I tend to either randomly bite your head off or break down crying for no apparent reason, you have been warned. Thank you all for your support J
Emily

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Just checked out your blog and saw a new post. We are excited for you guys and all the fun details you will get to experience.