Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oh how I love Air!

Usually I love the heat. I really don't mind being warm and am not one of those people, like someone close to me that will go unmentioned :), who gets cranky when its barely over 104 degrees! However, life has changed for us. 85 degrees inside at 7:30 am is completely unacceptable with a 7 month old baby who definitely takes after the above not-mentioned parent in her tendency for heat causing crankiness.

Thus I wholeheartedly agreed to dip a little into our emergency fund and follow the trail of sweaty people searching all over Portland for an air conditioner. We were one of the lucky ones. After calling 3 places I found one that had a few units and even woke Katey up a little early from her morning nap to run and retrieve it.

Now I'm basking in the coolness of my bedroom with a peacefully-sleeping baby wondering why I was so stubborn and didn't listen to my husband earlier. (But don't tell him.)

Here are some fun pics of our installation process.


Katey was a huge help!

She moves so fast now that she was into EVERYTHING!


So we got creative :)
But that only lasted for a few mins, she so wants to be involved in everything.


Daddy reading the directions


Katey wanted to read them too!


I love the fact that its on my side of the bed,...


but some sacrifices did have to be made.


My hot instalation technician!


Katey has the same idea that I do, lets sit real close, and stare at it!

No comments: