Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Daddy-Do Jobs

With my daddy coming to visit, Joe and I had a few "daddy-do" jobs lined up for him to do. Just a few odds and ends here and there. "Look at this." "What do you think of this?", you know...little things.

Well on Monday we were at Home Depot picking up a few things and Joe and him start talking about a lawn. The next thing I know they are measuring, planning...well, you know how guys do it :). I had never considered the possibility that we might be able to have a lawn in front of our tiny town house! Here is the glorious progression!


In the beginning...


First step, get more cinder blocks to build up the wall. They had to rent a truck because what they needed exceeded the weight limit on my dad's truck and they would have had to do three trips from Gresham!


Built up wall and shoveling out the first load of filler soil from the truck.


Leveling off the last truck load of dirt.


Rolling out the sod (2nd Day)


Katey was almost as excited as her mommy!


Finished product! Isn't it gorgeous!


First time the little piggies touched her brand new lawn!


Ooo, that's fun! I'm just so thrilled that we could even do this!
I have a lawn!

2nd project (the reason we were at Home Depot)


Before pic of my laundry closet, so much wasted space.


Our amazing carpenter and my brand new shelves!


Most of you know I'm CRAZY about organizing! I love it! These shelves just thrill me!
THANK YOU DADDY!

We have two more little projects that might be done tomorrow...stay tuned :)

1 comment:

Tracy Cary said...

I like your lawn and the shelves are awesome. I am a little bit jealous!! :)